First ever committee of the Ukrainian Medical Association of the United Kingdom
The general Aims of the Association as a non-profit making body are:
1. To provide a forum to promote the fellowship of Ukrainian healthcare professionals through social, educational and cultural events.
2. To raise the awareness of Ukraine, and its healthcare system, within the professional healthcare organisations of the UK.
3. To provide help and support to members and non-members in establishing and furthering their careers within the UK healthcare system.
4. To establish links with and to support organisations (charitable and otherwise) as well as individuals in the UK and elsewhere, associated with improving healthcare in Ukraine.
5. To develop ties with academic and professional healthcare organisations in the UK and Ukraine to promote social, cultural, educational and research activities.
6. To promote the Association amongst the Ukrainian community in the UK as a resource to improve accessibility to healthcare advice and information.